Golf Communities in Northern Virginia
There has been tremendous interest from people wanting to know the ins and outs of the various golf course communities in Northern Virginia. With the help of Ray Max Team golf course experts, I have compiled the following summary of the major alternatives you may want to examine. For details on particular housing within each community, please refer to the web site (www.RayMaxTeam.com) or contact me directly.
Robert Trent Jones – Lake Manassas, VA
- Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Manassas, RTJ Golf Club offers one the finest membership experiences in the world. With a spectacular golf course that’s hosted 4 Presidents Cups since opening in 1991. With its incredible surrounding scenery and remarkable conditions this continues to be a truly one of a kind golf experience. You walk out of Robert Trent Jones Golf Club knowing that you’ve truly just had an amazing experience.
River Creek Country Club – Leesburg, VA
- The Washington, DC areas first private, gated country club community opening in 1997. With it’s beautiful championship golf course designed by Ault-Clark bordering the Potomac River. Along with its beautiful clubhouse and terrific family atmosphere River Creek is one of the premier communities in the ever-growing Loudoun County. The crown jewel of the golf course are the last 4 holes that take on an exciting final stretch right along huge hillsides and the Potomac River at your side.
Belmont Country Club – Ashburn, VA
- This beautiful gated community country club located at the end of Ashburn, VA features a spectacular Championship course designed by “The King” Arnold Palmer and opened in 2000 and is one of Toll Brother’s finest housing communities and most prized golf clubs. With its rolling fairways alongside tree-lined fairways and vast amounts of wetlands hazards this busy and exciting family community is the perfect home for you.
The Golf Club at Lansdowne – Leesburg, VA
- The Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort and private club offers 45 holes of golf designed by world renowned golf course architects Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Greg Norman. Lansdowne is home to 3 distinctively different courses that cater to all playing abilities. The original course, the RTJ Course runs along Virginia countryside incorporating fields, woodlands, natural stone outcroppings and centuries’ old rock walls. The Norman Course utilizes the natural undulations of the Potomac River valley and its’ environmentally-friendly areas in the creation of a stunning championship masterpiece. Norman also created a fun little 9 hole course that offers a less stressful experience for all golfers. Along with great golf this beautiful resort offers up fine dining, bars, fitness center, tennis, tremendous outdoor pools…tons of fun for the whole family.
Stonewall Golf Club – Lake Manassas, VA
- Touted by many national and regional golf publications as one of the finest daily fee public golf courses in Northern Virginia. The Championship Golf Course was designed by Tom Jackson and is filled with great history and excitement. Featuring scenic mountain views from Bull Run and breathtaking Lake Manassas you’re treated to fantastic scenery throughout your entire golf experience.
Piedmont Country Club – Haymarket, VA
- Setup amid the rolling hills of Virginias’ hunt country, Piedmont offers up the finest amenities that one could ask of a golfing experience. Their beautiful 18-hole Championship golf course was designed by world renowned course architect Tom Fazio and is considered to be one of Northern Virginias finest. Featuring generous fairways and medium-sized greens it presents a challenging, but fair test for golfers of all abilities.
Dominion Valley Country Club – Haymarket, VA
- Another beautiful Toll Brothers gated community located in Haymarket with a spectacular 18-hole Championship course designed by Arnold Palmer with another executive course, The Regency across the street there’s plenty of great golf in this community for all golfers. Dominion Valley features emerald-green fairways, stunning mountain views and challenging water holes. The club itself offers up all the necessary amenities from its state-of-the art sports pavilion, grand clubhouse, Mulligans family dining, pools, tennis, tremendous practice facility and a full calendar of club events for the whole family.
Creighton Farms Country Club – Aldie, VA
- The crowning feature of the Club at Creighton Farms is the Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. Opened in 2007, the course designed by “The Golden Bear” and his esteemed design company is recognized as one of the premier courses on the Eastern Seaboard. This outstanding layout features several appealing water features and a richly foliaged creek which comes into play on many holes. The layout challenges players of all levels with its variety from tee to green and forces players to think strategically and focus on precision as opposed to power, a truly one-of-a kind golfing experience in the Hunt Country of Virginia.
Ray Wedell, Realtor
Chartered Finacial Analyst, CFA